How are Facial Steamers Used
How to Choose a Suitable Facial Steamer
Benefits of using the Facial Steamer
Your skincare routines can go from ‘great’ to ‘awesome’ with the additional feature of a facial steamer. The face is most often at the mercy of harsh sunrays, polluted air and external forces that may have serious repercussions on the skin. Not only is the face area a delicate and sensitive part of the body, it is the primary body part that sets the ball rolling for your overall appearance. Take it or don’t, facial appearance can highly influence one’s personality on a large scale, thus why the skin around the face area deserves delicate yet thorough treatment. For healthy skin, facial steamers play a large role in making skincare routines more effective and conducive for respective skin types.
The easiest way to describe facial steamers is to say they are upgraded exfoliators with an additional feature of skin soothing. Practically, it does way more than that but for starters, facial steamers help to unclog the pores in your skin, basically cleaning the agelong dust and dirt stuffed in there. Clogged pores most times result in acne, breakouts, blackheads, and rough skin which could be pretty devastating. Good enough, through the use of mild steam, facial steamers open up these pores and allow for proper exfoliation, removing dead skin cells as well as increasing moisture and hydration of the skin.
The best part of owning a facial steamer is that it is so easy to use and can be done in-house. Basically like bringing a mini version of the spa into your home, giving your face optimum care and protection. The facial steamer is usually mild, warm and soothing on skin and recommendable for all skin types. Here are some guidelines to consider to make the best of facial steaming.
- Taking off make-up and cleaning the face: this is a very primary step to ensure that the facial steamer performs effectively. Cleaning the skin surface helps to take off the dust or dirt trapped on the exteriors of the skin. The facial steamer sure works better on clean skin.
- Facial steaming should last no more than ten minutes and on a scale of once or twice weekly. Applying too much steam may be harmful and result in skin damage.
- Load the steamer with clean water (preferably distilled).
- After steaming, the face should be wiped clean before exfoliated with a scrub or mask and then moisturized.
- Facial steaming should not be performed over injured skin or skin suffering irritation.
- Post-steaming moisturizing is very important to help ensure long-lasting moisture and hydration on skin.
- If currently undergoing hyper facial treatment or skin medication, it is best to consult a doctor before using a facial steamer.
There are several ways to which facial steaming can be used and it is certainly up to the user to choose what works best for you.
- Commercial facial steamer: this is a core beauty tool that helps to remove blackheads and blemishes through facial cleansing. The facial steameris an important accessory tool in every skincare routine. It is warm, comfortable and pretty easy to use. It provides a calming sensation to skin while effectively cleaning the skin pores and allowing for healthy skin. it is best to select portable facial steamers, some of which can be purchased here.
- Steaming over a bowl of hot water: this is also an easy method for facial steaming and can be done from anywhere at all – a bathroom stall or kitchen. The idea is to let the hot vapor from well-boiled water steam the face. It must be noted that this procedure is very risky as exposing the skin to extremely hot water may eventually lead to scalding. Also, steaming the face with this procedure frequently could dry out the skin badly. Some persons prefer to add salt, lemon, green tea, herbs or essential oils to their water however there is no proof that it is a safe or efficacious procedure.
- Facial steaming at a spa: this may be quite expensive but several spas conduct facial packages that involve facial steaming.
- Cleansing the skin pores: facial steamerscome in handy to open up clogged pores and help clean up the debris. Notably, clogged pores are harmful and could cause acne, breakouts, blackheads etc. The hot steam thus enables the pores to open up for proper exfoliation.
- Skin hydration: Individuals with dry skin type would find facial steaming very helpful as the hot steam helps to add moisture to skin, thus increasing hydration and healthy skin.
- Makes beauty creams, serums and masks more effective: the idea of facial steaming allows the skin to come in contact with the hot vapor from boiled water. The hot steam can help increase skin temperature which in effect can cause increased blood circulation. With the blood circulation in better state, the beauty products applied to skin would easily penetrate the skin and be more effective. Since skin absorption works better at higher temperatures, facial steaming is highly beneficial for the skin to absorb the contents of skin creams, serums, masks and other products.
- To soothe the skin: Facial steamers give the skin a calming sensation during use. They are highly recommendable for athletes or individuals who are prone to perspire more frequently. The idea of facial steaming comes in handy to soothe skin and relieve stress.
- Boost collagen production: facial steaming has been noted to boost the production of collagen and elastin which usually deteriorates as people age. The production of collage and elastin helps the skin to maintain a firm appearance instead of the weak and thin skin that usually comes with old age.
Summarily, the uses of facial steamers are innumerable and highly recommendable at all levels for all skin types.